Engineering Science and Mechanics Research
Research conducted within the Penn State Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics is highly interdisciplinary and covers a wide array of cutting-edge scientific and technological areas that aim to tackle some of the most pressing issues and challenges facing the world today.
Our faculty and graduate students collaborate with a diverse group of researchers from across the University, as well as national and international universities, governmental agencies, and industry.
With access to state-of-the-art facilities and an award-winning faculty, students are actively engaged in innovative research that will shape the future of society.
- Advanced Materials and Devices
- Applied Mechanics and Biomechanics
- Brain Science and Neural Engineering
- Dynamic Systems, Acoustics, and Vibrations
- Emerging Manufacturing Processes for Materials, Tissues, and Devices
- Energy Infrastructure, Storage, and Devices
- Multiscale and Multiphysics Modeling, Computational Analysis
- Nanoscience, Bionanoscience, and Engineering
- Optoelectronics, Photonics, and Lasers
- Structural and Human Health Monitoring